Viracon’s General Information
(Updated 2.2-625 Viracon’s General Information 05/09/2019)
Pricing Information (All pricing in US Dollars)
- Viracon seams all heat treated glass edges. If additional edgework is required, contact a Viracon representative for pricing.
- Order changes following Viracon’s receipt of a signed order confirmation may be subject to a $500 order change fee.
- All square foot pricing, energy surcharge, and excluded add-ons are invoiced rounding to the next even dimensional inch.
- There are additional costs for units/lites >= 50ft² (4.647m²), non-rectangular shapes and offset units. Please contact a Viracon representative for pricing.
- In addition to the square foot price and applicable square foot minimum quoted, there will be an additional charge ($35 each) for all lites/units less than 3 square feet. All coated lites/units less than 2 square feet require manufacturing approval.
- Glass minimum order (per purchase order), in addition to energy surcharge, freight and applicable set-up charges:
- $500 minimum for Standard Viracon Coatings, Uncoated or Spandrel Glass Products
- $1000 minimum for Non-Standard Coatings, Silkscreen Products or DigitalDistinctions™ Products.
- Miscellaneous or Replacement Orders
- Priced at applicable rectangle or pattern charge – Plus Freight
- A $175 boxing charge will apply for all orders <= 10 units/lites.
- Applicable minimums, set-ups and silk-screen charges may apply
- Viracon’s standard packaging method is wooden cases. Inquiries regarding alternative packaging methods should be directed to your Customer Sales & Service Representative.
- Viracon’s standard boxing procedure is to box products according to size; similar sizes will be boxed together. Multiple designations (i.e. floor, elevation, building) are subject to additional charges. Special boxing requests are subject to review and will incur additional charges. All special boxing requirements are due at the time of the initial order.
- Boxing Service: Boxing is based on cases not to exceed 2,500 lbs for domestic and 1814 kg for export shipments. Exception: Units exceeding 2,500 lbs / 1814 kg each will be boxed 1 per box.
- Standard Boxing: Defined as one boxing designation, (i.e. Box by Floor). Viracon will box by floor by similar sizes.
- Custom Boxing: Defined as multiple boxing designations, (i.e. Box by Floor and Box by Elevation), add $.30 psf to all quoted prices.
- Packaging requests for cases less than 1,000-lbs. are subject to additional boxing charges. Any additional charges will be determined at receipt of Purchase Order and mutual review by Viracon and our customer prior to implementation.
- Delivery is based upon full truck or container loads, non-union drivers, and one order/one shipment.
- Additional freight charges may apply for units with both dimensions exceeding 110”.
- Miscellaneous releases that are less than a truckload are subject to additional freight and boxing charges.
- All additional delivery costs arising from local labor agreements shall be borne by buyer.
- Any completed Orders that Buyer fails to accept delivery of goods by the delivery date stated on the Viracon Order Confirmation shall be subject to storage charges at a rate of $150.00 per crate per month.
- Viracon will orient roller wave parallel to the base glass dimension where possible. Due to manufacturing limitations, base dimensions in excess of 96” (2438mm) will have roll distortion perpendicular to the base. For ½” and thicker glass plies or units incorporating ceramic frit with a base dimensions in excess of 84” (2134) will have roll distortion perpendicular to the base.
- Viracon recommends heat-strengthened glass in lieu of tempered glass in areas that do not require safety glazing, or when tempered glass is not required for glass strength.
- Viracon recommends heat soak testing for all tempered glass. Heat soaking is offered for an additional charge and must be specified on customer purchase order. Viracon does not warrant spontaneous breakage in tempered glass that has not been heat soaked.
- Product characteristics and applications will determine the maximum/minimum dimensions and maximum/minimum unit size. Contact a Viracon Representative for specific product limitations.
- Viracon’s coatings are sputtered (aka “soft”). Sputtered coatings are susceptible to corrosion, so edge deletion of the coating is required. The silicone seal and the edge deleted coating result in the coating being sealed within the insulating glass unit. VE, VG, VXG, VUE, VNE, VLE, VRE and VZE-SC coatings require edge deletion.
- Units with argon cannot incur an elevation change greater than +2500’/-1000′ from the location where the insulating units are manufactured.
- All orders must be identified as conventional or structural glazing. All structural applications must be identified as two or four sided. Review of wind loading requirements is required on all structural applications. There may be additional charges due to increased sightlines on structural glazed applications if the required sightline exceeds 1/2″ (13 mm).
- Viracon will supply a glass strength analysis upon receipt of glass product, dimensions and windload (kPa or psf). Viracon will not be responsible for additional costs associated with increased glass thickness or strength above those specified, if it is determined a thicker glass substrate or higher heat treatment is required to meet the building design requirements.
- For assistance with the process of selecting glass to withstand loads and to minimize center of glass deflection, please visit our website at Ordering Tools to view the Deflection and Sightline Reference Guide.
Other Pertinent Information
- Viracon cannot guarantee the future availability of component parts manufactured or supplied by others that are incorporated into Viracon products.
- All applications are quoted by Viracon subject to review of loading information, design details and thermal considerations.
- Prices are subject to review upon receipt of final sizes and quantities. Makeup’s and unit sizes are subject to technical approval on review of wind loading data and glazing detail. Any additional requirements resulting from review of technical data will be assessed appropriate charges.
- Buyer shall be responsible for the accuracy of all documents, data, glass take-offs, specifications, architectural drawings, and CAD files furnished by Buyer to Viracon. Viracon shall not be liable for any errors or omissions in documents, data, glass take-offs, specifications, architectural drawings, and CAD files furnished by Buyer, including but not limited to drawings not drawn to scale, not accurately depicting glass sizes, not depicting glass edges, or that do not depict proper orientation of the glass.
- All patterns must be submitted to Viracon via CAD drawing. Cardboard, plain paper or plywood will not be accepted. Pattern shapes and offsets carry a premium charge. Pattern shaped pricing is based on full block size required to cut the pattern.
- Viracon’s standard sample size is 12″ x 12″ (305mm x 305mm). Requests larger than our standard 12” x 12” sample size would result in freight and material charges as applicable.
- Viracon requires the use of 100% silicone “setting blocks” for all applications.
- Viracon offers standard limited warranties from date of manufacture (either five, ten or twelve years depending on the product). These warranties are available for review at: Warranties
Incoterms® 2010 The Incoterm referenced in the Viracon QUOTATION will be applicable for all transactions.
- FCA Named Place: Free Carrier to USA named place: The named place is typically the shipment origin (Viracon’s plant) or can be another place within the USA. Viracon is responsible for loading the freight on the collecting vehicle (freight collect) or delivering it to the named USA destination (pre-carriage, freight prepaid) and export clearance (if applicable). Viracon’s risk ends upon shipment from origin or upon delivery to the named USA destination. The Buyer is responsible for all freight forwarder fees, import clearance, unloading fees, and main carriage/on-carriage costs that are beyond the named place.
- CIP Named Place: Carriage and Insurance Paid to named place: Viracon is responsible for delivering the goods to the named place of destination and export clearance. This includes contracting and paying all transportation costs, and providing required insurance and costs to the named place. Viracon’s risk ends upon delivery to the first carrier in the USA. The Buyer must provide import clearance, is responsible for unloading, and if the named place is a port, will be responsible for the on-carriage. Any detention fees, fines, or other accrued costs that are incurred due to the Buyer not clearing the goods in a timely manner will be for the Buyer’s account.
- DAP Named Place: Delivered At Place to named place: Viracon is responsible for delivering the goods to the named place of destination and export clearance (if applicable). This includes contracting and paying all transportation costs to the named destination. Viracon’s risk ends upon delivery to the named place, but not unloaded. The Buyer must provide import clearance (if applicable), is responsible for unloading, and if the named place is a port, will be responsible for any applicable detention fees or fines, and on-carriage.
Terms of Sale
- The Viracon Terms of Sale document available for your review at Terms of Sale controls this document. All Subsequent documentation for this project will also be subject to the Viracon Terms of Sale.